Domains and Hosting:
A domain name is the address to your website. You may know it as a URL (Uniform Resource Locator). You type a domain name into the address bar of your Internet browser when going to a website. So, why is it important that you buy your own domain name if your company gives you an affiliate link (YourCompanyName.com/?id=UserName)?
Well, there are a lot of reasons for this.
- When you let your prospects know about your site, wouldn’t it make more sense to send them to a site like YourPersonalSite.com, rather than YourCompanyName.com/?id=UserName?
- You own your personal URL so people can access your site easily
- You cannot use affiliate tagged or replicated sites when posting ads on major search engines
- The more memorable the name, the more chance others will return to your site which in turn, increase traffic.
- Only $10 per year.
Godaddy.com is the authority for cheap domain names.
Web Hosting is Housing, Serving and Maintaining Files for Web Sites on a server with direct access to the Internet.
Why is it vitally important to have your own hosting account?
- You own the rights to all of your information. Without hosting, you can lose all of your work if you decide to place your content on someone else’s site.
- Your files are hosted and maintained on your own server, allowing you easy access to make changes to your personal sites, capture pages and more.
- You have complete freedom with all of your information on line.
- Only $4.95 per month
HostGator.com is the Industry Standard Host for Internet Marketers. Host gator is incredibly reliable with 99.9% up-time and with super-fast load times – great for PPC campaigns. All of the video tutorials viewed on my site, along with most Internet marketing training sites will be discussed using Host Gator.
Get Your Host Gator Account Here: