Getting familiar with your wordpress theme is essential. Really explore your wordpress dashboard and get a feeling for where everything is located so you can make quick adjustments when needed. Although all themes are different, most quality themes will allow you to make easy adjustments when it comes to the design of your site.
Understanding WordPress – The Basic Essentials:
(Click on the expand option in the lower right hand corner of the to view full screen)
- Explore your theme and get familiar with your inner workings for easy editing
- Remember to brand yourself by uploading a picture to your header. If you get stuck here you can always use Social Media Design Solutions
- Change your permalink structure to: custom structure – /%postname%/
- Change your home page to a static page if you want your visitors to view the same page when they arrive to your site
- Try to keep your content as original as possible and google will reward you. Remember to Add Value. Do you have a USP?
- Create an offer or free report by posting to your blog and sending your prospects back to your post link through your autoresponder.
- Use widgets to add your autoresponder to your sidebar (autoresponder tutorial up next).
I’d love to get your feedback on this video. Please feel free to leave a comment and tweet this post by using the “Tweet” button above or below to let your friends know about it. I know they’ll appreciate the help and flow of quality content.